Brands for Grands Video Official Rules
October 6, 2021 | Promotions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Brands for Grands Video Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) are open only to individuals who are legal residents of the following states: Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin. Entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years old (or the age of majority in their state of legal residence, whichever is older) at the time of entry. Employees of Hy-Vee, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent and/or affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter or win prizes. The Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and are void where prohibited. Participation constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- SPONSOR: Hy-Vee, Inc., 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223, is the sponsor of the Sweepstakes to be held by the Hy-Vee corporate office.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes will commence on October 6, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) and end on October 19, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. CDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- TO ENTER:
(a) Video Submission Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, to submit a valid entry, Entrants must “duet” a TikTok video in response to a Sweepstakes-specific video posted by Hy-Vee on Hy-Vee’s TikTok account at: tiktok.com/@hyvee. The Entrant’s duet video submission should be no longer than thirty (30) seconds and should show the Entrant stocking their own shelves or kitchen cabinets with Hy-Vee Private Brand products. The Entrant’s submission should include the following hashtag: #Hy-VeeBrandsForGrandsSweepstakes. Once an Entrant has posted their duet to the Sweepstakes-specific post and included the unique hashtag, the Entrant will be entered to win. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per TikTok account per Sweepstakes-specific post. The computer on which each entrant enters the Sweepstakes must have the acceptance of cookies enabled, or any successor technology. All entries must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period to be considered a valid entry. Further, by entering into the Sweepstakes, Entrant binds himself or herself, as well as Entrant’s spouse, children parents, guardians, heirs, next of kin, and any legal or personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, to the terms and conditions contained herein. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, TikTok.
(b) Mail-In Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes without making a video submission, hand-print “ATTN: Brands For Grands Video Sweepstakes– Entry” along with your name, mailing address, city, state, zip code, telephone number and email address (optional) on a 3” x 5” card and mail it to: ATTN: Brands For Grands Video Sweepstakes– Entry, 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by October 19, 2021 and received by October 25, 2021. Enter as often as you wish, but photocopied entries or mechanically reproduced entries are NOT allowed (each entry must be original hand-printed 3x5 card). Limit one (1) entry per outer stamped mailing envelope. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, stolen, postage-due or misdirected mail. All mail-in entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned to entrant.
- WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: The Prize Winner will be selected by Sponsor during a random drawing to be held on or about October 26, 2021, from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor for the Sweepstakes-specific post, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Prize winners will be notified of his/her selection by TikTok post or direct message within two (2) days of selection as a prize winner and shall be required to accept the prize within two (2) days of notification or said prize shall be deemed refused. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Prize Winner who will win a $10,000 cash prize. Prize Winner agrees to accept all aspects of the prize “as is,” and Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, and expressly disclaims any warranty of title, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. Prize Winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability release form and an IRS W-9 form (i.e., Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification). Any prize not accepted by the Prize Winner within two (2) days of notification will be deemed refused. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- RELEASE / INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, TikTok, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claims made by entrant or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of the Sweepstakes, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in the Sweepstakes.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the consent of each entrant to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of entrant’s name age, photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, and hometown address for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if fifty (50) or fewer valid entries are submitted, or if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to: (a) entries that are late, lost, illegible, mechanically reproduced, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, that have been submitted using robotic, programmed, script or any other automated means, or illicit means, or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion; (b) communications failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (c) for any other errors of any kind, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information relating to or in connection with any Sweepstakes-related materials or the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; (d) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to choose a prize winner by judging all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein.
- GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a court located in the State of Iowa; (b) to the fullest extent permitted by law, you waive any right to a jury trial in any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorney’s fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, and Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa, without regard to conflicts of law principles or rules, and all proceedings shall take place in Des Moines, Iowa.
- OFFICIAL RULES REQUESTS/NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: To receive a copy of these Official Rules (available after October 6, 2021) or to learn the prize winners (available after November 30, 2021), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: ATTN – Brands for Grands Video Sweepstakes – OFFICIAL RULES or –WINNERS (please specify), 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223. All requests for official winners’ list must be received by December 31, 2021.
THESE SWEEPSTAKES ARE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
©2021 Hy-Vee, Inc. All rights reserved.