Shift Into Savings Sweepstakes
April 11, 2022 | Promotions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Hy-Vee Shift into Saving Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) are open only to individuals who are legal residents of the following states: Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin. Entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years old (or the age of majority in their state of legal residence, whichever is older) at the time of entry. Employees of Hy-Vee, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent and/or affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter or win prizes. The Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and are void where prohibited. Participation constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. SPONSOR: Hy-Vee, Inc., 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223, is the sponsor of the Sweepstakes to be held by the Hy-Vee corporate office.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes will commence on April 11, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) and end on April 30, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter:
(a) Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® Card Entry: By presenting your Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® card at the time of each purchase of a Hy-Vee Private Brand products that you make during the Sweepstakes Period, you will be entered into the Sweepstakes. Entrants will receive one entry per Hy-Vee Private Brand (Hy-Vee, That’s Smart, Full Circle, Simply Done, Tippy Toes, TopCare, Crav’n Flavor, and Paws Happy Life) product purchased, packaged goods only (each an “Entry”). No premium control brands will be eligible. More information on Hy-Vee Private Brand products is available at https://www.hy-vee.com/grocery/Brands-For-Grands?click=buttonpromo. There is no limit on the number of Purchase Method Entry/Entries per person during the Sweepstakes.
(b) Mail-In Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes without making a purchase, hand-print “ATTN – Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® Rewards Program, Shift into Savings – Entry” along with your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and email address (if applicable) on a 3” x 5” card and mail it to: ATTN – Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® Rewards Program, Shift into Savings– Entry, 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223 (each an “Entry”). There is a limit of one (1) Mail-In Entry per day during the Sweepstakes Period. All Mail-In entries must be postmarked by April 30, 2022 and received by May 6, 2022 to be considered.
5. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: Three (3) potential prize winners will be chosen from all eligible entries received by random drawings held on or about May 10, 2022. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Potential prize winners will be notified of their selection by phone call and/or email within two (2) days of selection as a prize winner (“Winner Notification”) and shall be required to accept the prize within two (2) days of Winner Notification or said prize shall be deemed refused. In the event (i) the Winner Notification is returned as undeliverable; (ii) the required response to the Winner Notification is not received within the time-frame specified; (iii) any required Prize Claim Documents (defined below) are not returned as directed within the required number of days; (iv) a potential prize winner is determined to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules; (v) a potential prize winner is otherwise unable to attend an event or accept the prize as stated, or (vi) a potential prize winner declines the prize for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Each Prize Winner will win a trip for two (2) to Nashville, Tennessee to attend the August 5 -7, 2022 Music City Grand Prix (the “Event”), consisting of the following: two (2) round-trip economy class tickets from the nearest major airport to Prize Winner’s primary residence, a voucher for a two (2) night hotel stay; a $700.00 VISA gift card; and two (2) – three day passes to the 2022 Music City Grand Prix in Nashville, Tennessee. Approximate retail value of each prize is $3,800. Approximate retail value of all prizes is $11,400. All Prize Winners will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability release form and an IRS W-9 form (“Prize Claim Documents”). Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Gift cards and prize vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions set by the issuer. Prize winners must agree to all prize terms and conditions, including the date of the Event.
If the travel companion of a Prize Winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian must be the Prize Winner. A minor will not be allowed to participate in any portion of the trip without being accompanied by his or her parent or legal guardian who also executed the Prize Claim Documents and agreed to the release language set forth herein, as applicable, on said minor’s behalf. The Prize Winner and his/her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and must have valid travel documents (e.g. valid government-issued photo ID). Sponsor is not responsible for lost, mutilated or stolen travel documents. Prize Winner and his/her travel companion are responsible for all costs and expenses associated with the prize not specifically listed as part of the prize. Prize Winner and his/her travel companion agree to travel on dates specified by Sponsor and comply with all applicable venue regulations in connection with the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for flight postponement or cancellation. In the event the Prize Winner or his/her travel companion engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the remainder of the trip and send the Prize Winner and his/her travel companion home early with no further compensation to Prize Winner. Sponsor and Event officials as applicable, will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage, governmental regulation or mandate, or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation of the Event and ultimately the terms and conditions of the Event tickets awarded as the prize will govern in any of these cases. In the event the Event is cancelled or postponed due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control, that portion of the prize will not be awarded and no additional compensation will be provided.
7. RELEASE / INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claims made by Entrant or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of the Sweepstakes, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in the Sweepstakes.
8. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the consent of each entrant to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of entrant’s name age, photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, and hometown address for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to: (a) entries that are late, lost, illegible, mechanically reproduced, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, that have been submitted using robotic, programmed, script or any other automated means, or illicit means, or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion; (b) communications failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (c) for any other errors of any kind, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information relating to or in connection with any Sweepstakes-related materials or the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; (d) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to choose a prize winner by judging all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein.
11. GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a court located in the State of Iowa; (b) to the fullest extent permitted by law, you waive any right to a jury trial in any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorney’s fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, and Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa, without regard to conflicts of law principles or rules, and all proceedings shall take place in Des Moines, Iowa.
13. OFFICIAL RULES REQUESTS/NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: To receive a copy of these Official Rules (available after April 11, 2022) or to learn the prize winners (available after May 31, 2022), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: ATTN – Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® Rewards Program – Hy-Vee Shift into Savings Sweepstakes Special Rules, 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223 or send an email with the subject line: ATTN – Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® Rewards Program – Hy-Vee Shift into Savings Sweepstakes Special Rules to [email protected]. All requests for official winners’ list must be received by June 30, 2022.
THESE SWEEPSTAKES ARE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
©2022 Hy-Vee, Inc. All rights reserved.